The Department of Physical Education and Sport aims to develop a person in all the three domains of learning Cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor skills Physical education is unique in that it offers all these domains is in one.
Physical Education is an educational process whose aim is to improve human performance and enhance human development. Generally, the core business of education is to develop a person in the three domains of learning namely cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills. The uniqueness of physical education is that it offers these three components of personality in one. On the basis of this uniqueness, the University of Nairobi established the department of Physical Education and Sports as an academic unit in the year 2005 and is located at the College of Education and External Studies (Kikuyu Campus) under the School of Education.
• To equip learners with skills of scholarship and research in the area of physical education and sports.
• To equip learners with skill for recreation and leisure activities at different levels of human development.
• To equip learners with skills to teach physical education and sports.
• To provide a basis for further study and research in Physical Education, health, recreation dance and sports.
• To equip learners with skills to organise and administer sports programmed at different levels.